What we include with our wedding packages:
• We arrive before any of your guests and will be set up when the first of them arrive.
• Cocktail hour/ dinner music- pre-recorded music over sound system.
• Full Emcee services that includes announcements of the bridal party, all toasts, dances and other special events. We keep the reception on track and make sure everything runs smoothly.
• Full professional sound system and light show.
• Volume is not an issue with us. We operate a mostly quiet stage with top of the line Electronic drums so the volume can be as loud or as quiet as needed. This has been one of the secrets to our busy schedule - the ability to play everywhere from large concert theaters to smaller halls and restaurants.
• We will even learn your first dance song if you like!
• All 5 members of the band sing.
• DJ services during band break- We keep the party going! During the band's short break our DJ keeps the crowd moving by playing dance music over our sound system. This is also where you would do any special events at your wedding like bouquet toss, special bridal dances and so on. The fun does not stop!
• We will throw you a party that is fun and interactive. You and your guests can be part of all our sing-a-long songs and we will supply fun LED party favors too.
• We will guide you through the process and make it as stress free as possible. This includes working with you or your wedding planner on a time table we fill out with you to keep everything on time. This allows you to get everything you want into the time allotted for your reception. Feel free to ask questions, we have been doing this for many years.
• Our business carries all applicable insurances needed.
Services provided for an additional fee:
• Ceremony music provided by Danton Arlotto, your choice of digital piano or classical guitar. Whether you prefer traditional music, classical songs, or modern tunes, we can work with you to set the perfect ambiance for your day. This includes sound system and microphone for ceremony.
• Live cocktail hour/ dinner music.
Frequently Asked Questions:
HOW LONG DOES THE BAND PLAY?
Our quotes are usually for the standard wedding reception, which includes cocktail hour and dinner plus up to three hours of the live band depending on the time allotted by the venue. Of course this can be extended for a small surcharge. Obviously, the band wont be playing continuously for this entire time so we recommend 3 sets of live music, after dinner has ended. In between live music sets we will DJ music and Emcee the special dances and events for the reception. We always will do our best to accommodate the Bride and Groom's wishes on their special day.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE BAND IS NOT PLAYING?
Included in your quote, is our basic DJ package. This includes DJ music during the cocktail and dinner hour and dance music during the band breaks. The party doesn't stop when the band takes a break. If you like, you can deliver specific songs in MP3 format for us to play during these breaks, or leave it up to us. When we are not playing we are usually guiding some part of your reception to keep it on track with the time allotted. During our breaks is also when you would do any special events at your wedding like bouquet toss, special bridal dances and so on
HOW DO I CHOOSE WHAT LIVE MUSIC WILL BE PLAYED?
Our recommendation is to let us decide what is right for that moment, but let us know if there are a few songs on our list that you absolutely do NOT want us to play. Whatever the reason may be we will do our best to accommodate. We want to play the kind of music you love on your day. So look at our ever expanding song list on the website and discuss any concerns with our band representative.
CAN I HAVE LIVE MUSIC DURING THE CEREMONY, COCKTAIL HOUR AND/OR DINNER?
Our standard wedding package includes prerecorded music during the cocktail hour and dinner hour, free of charge if needed. If you would prefer live musicians for that time period we can be hired with extra musicians that specialize in that part of the wedding reception. Currently we can supply a classical guitar player, piano player/ organist and/or a violinist for your ceremony, cocktail hour or dinner.
Not having a "traditional" wedding reception? Not a problem! We will plan our entertainment around what is best for your day.
Ostrich Hat played my wedding last weekend and my guests could not stop talking about how great they were! Everyone was up and dancing the whole time and didn't want the night to end, my guests were even chanting for an encore song. Jeff was very communicative and answered all our questions in a timely manner. I can't recommend these guys enough!
We first danced to Ostrich Hat at fraternity parties in college. 8.5 years later, they're better than ever. They had our wedding on the dance floor for hours straight. Their first set absolutely killed it, we didn't know how they could top themselves, but they kept the party going until we were literally kicked out of the venue. The band was partying right along side us. Jeff was super easy to work with, very responsive, and on top of all of the details. People have been asking us for the band's information for weeks since the wedding. They were the best, and made our wedding the best party of our lives!
Ostrich Hat made our wedding absolutely phenomenal. Their flexibility with scheduling and timing was so superb. They were talented performers who were able to get everyone dancing. Their song choices were very fun and they did a beautiful rendition of our song. They helped me connect with an acoustic musician for the ceremony as well. If you are thinking about Ostrich Hat for your wedding, absolutely choose them to have the reception of your dreams. Even our photographers (who shoot weddings every weekend) were extremely impressed with them. I think that speaks volumes.
This band played at a wedding I attended this weekend and they were AMAZING!!!! They had a terrific energy, knew how to work the crowd and own the space, played and sang well, and we're just fantastic entertainers! I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the wedding for various reasons, and they were a main one! Thanks guys! You rock!
Awesome band. We had them do our wedding and all we can say was our guests danced the night away. Great job guys thank you so much for making our special night memorable.
These guys are absolutely amazing!!! They played our wedding for us in Williamsport Oct 2018 and literally our entire family hasn’t stopped talking about how fun the night was... everyone keeps talking about the band. They brought so much energy and sounded so good!! The OHB were a huge part of our day and we couldn’t have done it without them. It really put our party over the top and we will remember it always. Thank you again guys!
BEST BAND EVER! They were so much fun and were excellent at getting the crowd going! They had a great song list as well - everyone at the wedding raved about them. Jeff also effectively acted as my wedding planner and was so helpful in every detail of planning. I could not recommend Ostrich Hat more highly - they made the wedding into an absolutely fabulous event!!
Absolutely fantastic. Ostrich Hat was our band/DJ for our wedding. From day one, Jeff went above and beyond. To helping us coordinate the evening, to song recommendations, he made the process of planning smooth and worry free. I felt as though we were in beyond capable hands. Our guests danced the night away. And we received endless compliments from our guests on how much fun Ostrich Hat was. Thank you again for adding the perfect addition to our perfect night.
Just wanted to say thank you to all of you guys! you were awesome. Lots of compliments! The kids LOVED you guys. Thanks for making our day extra special.
Thank you all for everything!!! You made our wedding reception so perfect! The compliments on the entertainment continue to come!!! AMAZING!!! So much thanks!!!!
Absolutely incredible experience. Hiring Ostrich Hat was one of the best decisions for wedding planning. Easy to contact, reasonably priced, accommodating. Made the reception memorable and quite a party, great compliments and memories from all our guests.
We hired Ostrich Hat to play at our wedding and they were incredible. They learned to play our first dance and the mother/son dance (which were pretty obscure tunes). They were professional and a pleasure to deal with every step of the way. They were also one of the most reasonably priced bands out there. I would absolutely hire them again and couldn't recommend them highly enough.
Ostrich hat provided an excellent mix of music that ALL my wedding guests enjoyed. ...from the very young to the older crowd. Their show presence and their electricity had the entire wedding reception dancing, laughing, and genuinely enjoying themselves the entire night! Loved them!!
Always our favorite band to go out and see. As a result, we hired them for our wedding. They were awesome. Good variety of songs that had all ages on the dance floor. Ostrich Hat made our wedding more awesome!
Such a great time! Thank you to Jeff & all the guys in Ostrich Hat for making my bestie's big day an absolute blast!
You guys were GREAT for when we renewed our vows and made the reception a blast!
Wow...what an amazing wedding! I could not have dreamed it would turn out like this! Icing on the cake provided by Ostrich Hat!